Robins vs Boyanup 21 July 2013

Robins played Boyanup in Bunbury in a top four clash.  Game was a tight hard fought game ending in a one- all draw.  Goal scorer was Scout Regan.

Robins vs Boyanup 21/7/2013 – Robins fight out a tough draw with Boyanup

Robins SWL hockey team went to Bunbury on Sunday to take on Boyanup in a top four clash and hoping to continue their good winning form over the past three weeks.

What was expected to be a tough, even game was just that with both teams creating attacking opportunities.

The Robins defence led by Tiff Jecks and Anna Roberts repelled the Boyanup attack giving their team a good springboard into attack.

Robins midfield of Helen O’Neill, Chloe Carter and Penne Yorke continued to give the Robins forwards a good supply of ball with a number of attacks being repelled in the last line of the Boyanup defence.

Midway through the first half Roberts delivered a great overhead ball to Dee Garstone who drew the Boyanup goalie out of her goal and then deftly put the ball across the face of goal to where Scout Regan was waiting to push the ball into the net giving Robins a well-deserved one-nil lead.

The Robins lead didn’t last long with a Boyanup attack into Robins territory saw a back stick tomahawk loop high over the Robins goalie Amber Vivien who valiantly but unsuccessfully tried to deflect the ball away from goals tying the game up.

Half time came with no further score of the board and the game evenly matched.

The second half continued on where the first finished with both teams having attacking opportunities but not reaping any further rewards.

Young defenders for Robins Kristy Pearse and Dana Carter continued to be solid in defence thwarting many Boyanup drives into attack.

A clash of bodies saw Robin’s gun striker Garstone came off with what appeared to be a serious shoulder injury but she was later able to get back on the pitch.

The Robins forwards of Ren Perrot, Lauren Clarke and Jasmine Burell continued to harass the Boyanup defence creating further attacking opportunities which were repelled by the strong Boyanup defence.

Robins goal keeper Vivien pulled off a couple of magnificent saves late in the game ensuring that the final score remained dead locked at one all.

It was a tough hard game with a final result that was probably fair to both teams.  Robins looks forward to its third clash with Boyanup knowing that they can match and beat Boyanup next time they play.

Robins face a SWL double-header next week playing Wests on Saturday at 3pm followed by a game against top team Associates on Sunday at 12 noon.